Monday, June 13, 2005

Sloooo-oooan

Slooooooan......Slooooooooan! That means its time to bust out the six-pack of Molsons, throw on your Doug Flutie jersey and get ready to rock out Canadian style. Sloan, America Junior's favorite band, ventured across the St. Lawrence Seaway for a much anticipated show at the Black Cat. Actually, the crowd was smaller than Sloan is used to, but the fans were ready to celebrate all things Canada (even on a Sunday). They played most of the standards, although I left wanting a little Angus and Andy, or anything from the B-side of Navy Blues. A frenzied rendition of Money City Maniacs was a highlight, as was The Rest of My Life. No big surprises in the preformance, Sloan fans are familiar with three-guitar-attack perfection. I was very impressed by the kicks from vocalist/bassist Chris Murphy - I'm pretty sure I'll add that to my stage act very soon.

I wonder if they have to pay Canadian taxes on their earnings.....

The Capital Years opened - I thought they were good, although its hard to stand up next to rock gods.

One thing is for sure: I know I'll always live in Canada.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home